Purple FridayNovember 10, 2016
Christmas Gift Ideas for DancersDecember 6, 2016
What To Wear
For partnered and latin dances (salsa, zouk, tango, bachata, kizomba, shines, styling, latin fusion 2):
- actual dance shoes with suede outer soles
- regular but comfortable dress shoes, flats or slim fitting casuals that do NOT have too much grip. Less friction is better.
- bulky runners, any shoe with a strong "squeaky" grip, rain boots, thick soled boots, platforms
For solo dances (hip-hop, reggaeton, street jazz, latin fusion 1, contemporary & zumba)
your most comfortable sporty shoes
generally, less bulk allows for increased mobility
some classes are best taken bare foot, in socks or ballet slippers (eg. contemporary)
For solo dances, definitely wear something comfortable and non-restricting. For partnered dances, dress casual, semi-formal, office ... whatever is most comfortable for you!
Best Time to Buy Discovery Pass
Discovery Pass Details
- for first time students
- valid for 14-days, starting on the first day you take a class
- allows unlimited access to any drop-in classes
- allows unlimited access to any of our partnered dance courses (at your level), provided the course is in it's 1st or 2nd week. Once a course is in it's 3rd, 4th or 5th week, we won't allow you to drop-in using the Discovery Pass
Best Time to Buy
If you're only interested in our solo/drop-in classes, then anytime is the best time to buy
If you're interested in salsa, zouk, tango, bachata and kizomba, the best time to buy is the same week that a new 5-week series starts.
- Click here to see the next start week
Classes vs Courses
- our partnered-dance courses generally run for 5 weeks at a time
- since they are cumulative, we do not allow drop-in's after the first week
- if you'd like to try it out once to see if you like it, you can do a $20 drop-in on the first day of the series only
- no partner is required to register; we partner you up and rotate in class so that everyone gets to dance with each other. It's the best way to practice for parties!
- 5 and 10 Class Passes are not valid for courses. You must register for the course directly
- current offerings: Salsa, Bachata, Zouk, Kizomba and Tango | CHECK NEXT START DATES
interested in a course and other solo dances? Try our ALL-ACCESS PASS
interested in 2 courses? Try our DOUBLE-SERIES PASS
- non-cumulative, start anytime
- single class is $16
- save with our 5 and 10 class pass options
- choose from contemporary, reggaeton, hip-hop, breakdance, salsa shines, ladies styling, latin fusion & zumba
Do I Need a Partner?
- you do NOT need to register with a partner for any of our classes or courses
- for our partnered dances, we partner you up and rotate during class so that everyone dances with each other
- if you do register as a couple and wish to remain together during class, that's OK! However, rotating does prepare you for dancing with everyone at the socials :)